1.14.2017

New Home

Wow! It feels like I've been gone forever.  And while I've made a couple of cards, I've been struggling and thrown many attempts away.  So finally, here I am with a card....

Congratulations on your new home!  For the life of me, I couldn't get this particular card to look the way I saw it in my head.  I couldn't get it grounded the way I wanted, the colors just weren't what I wanted, on and on.  That said, here it is...

An ink blended background, a bit of splattering, a couple dies for the homes and trees, and a free-handed "snowy hill" spritzed with Shimmer Mist.  I took a close-up to show the shimmer, but alas it doesn't show as well as I'd hoped...

Well, we've had A LOT of snow, quite a bit more than usual and A LOT of cold (now in the teens to single digits) and gray skies.  While I really enjoy the snow (and yes I've shoveled a few times), I could really do without the gray!  Gray skies make it hard to be joyous, make it hard to photograph pictures, and generally unwanted in my book.  I do hope that all of you are fairing well though, staying warm, and enjoying your days!  And THANK YOU for popping in!

Hugs,
TK

 

8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I'm loving your dramatic background against the white...looks amazing! Very cold, some snow and grey skys today in Scotland x

Anita in France said...

Gosh, I'm wondering what else was in your head, TK, as this is fabulous exactly as it is! A gorgeous star studded night sky ... crisp white silhouettes ... and delicious shimmer ... beautiful! Stay warm! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

It's perfect! LOve that dramatic wondrous sky, and of course I love those little houses! Fabulous!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card TK, it looks like a peaceful quiet nite scene. Just lovely.

Bobby said...

We all have those days, TK, and we can be hard on ourselves. I think your card looks beautiful.

Lisa Lara said...

What a beautiful background TK. I love that white sparkly snow for your sentiment.

Rosemary said...

yep... we all have those days, but your card looks wonderful, tk!!

Loll said...

Your card is beautiful TK. You should be very happy with it. The sky looks amazing with the blended colours and your splattering. I can see the shimmer in the close up photo. Great design ... keep 'em comin'! xx